In the first chapter, I'll try to give you an impression what MyDef is. If you only read the first a few pages and nothing else, you'd at least know what MyDef looks like and at certain point of programming career, you may be reminded by this impression and seek back.
The second chapter describes how to install MyDef. It is rather boring and difficult to persuade people to install a piece of software before they are convinced. But one has to try and experience before they can be really convinced (except through false authorities). This chapter is really concise, and insists one to install in their home directory -- nothing permanent or will affect your system. Hope it is enough to convince you to try.
The third chapter introduces the basic feature of MyDef. MyDef's core feature works for general text files. This chapter assumes no programming experience from the reader, so it should be easy to follow, with a risk that you may find it boring. After this chapter, you'll be able to start using MyDef for almost any text project you had on hand. Hopefully that will be something with enough complexity -- like a programming language or a novel -- where you would appreciate MyDef's help.
The fourth chapter introduces more advanced features. As you become experienced in programming and no longer worry about basic stuff, your mind will start to shift to all kinds of visions. To realize these visions, you need all kinds of tools MyDef can offer. MyDef's aim is WYSIWYT (What You See Is What You Think). To achieve that, you probably need these more advanced tools and more.
The features introduced under general context in the 3rd and 4th chapter are the core features of MyDef. However, only applying to simple plain text may quickly become dull. The fifth chapter will bring you to your familiar territory and show you amazing things you can do. The fifth chapter covers each specific language/application module MyDef has developed so far. There is a rule of 80-20. 20% of the effort get you 80% far. That is the general features of MyDef. To achieve the rest 20%, It will need the rest 80% of on-going effort. I meant developing MyDef, not learning it, although they do take more effort to learn.
Most likely, MyDef on its own will never achieve the rest 20%, so when you get experienced enough, it can use your help (or you can help yourself out). The sixth chapter introduces the internal of MyDef and discusses how to extend MyDef. MyDef itself is written in MyDef, and it follows principle of clear semantic structure. With experience, you will find playing with the MyDef internal and extending MyDef is as natural as you tell your partner that when you say cheese, you mean happy! MyDef is written in Perl, so knowledge of Perl is required for this chapter. But If you are not familiar with Perl, I would encourage you to read this chapter anyway when you are familiar enough with MyDef. Maybe it'll persuade you to learn Perl.